½ cup cashews
¼ cup buckinis (feel free to swap for nuts or almond meal)
1 tbsp macadamia butter (or other nut butter)
2 tbsp coconut flour
1.5 tbsp coconut nectar
1-2 tbsp coconut milk
1 tbsp coconut oil
100g raw chocolate or good quality dark chocolate (I use ‘Loving Earth’)
110 mL coconut milk
- Grease a 20 x 10cm rectangular loaf or pie tin. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius, fan-forced.
- Place the cashews in a blender. Blend until it forms a fine flour. Don’t over blend otherwise cashew ‘butter’ will begin to form!
- Add the buckinis to the cashew flour in blender. Blend for only a few seconds to achieve a ‘crunchy’ texture in the base!
- Pour the contents of the blender in a bowl and add the macadamia butter, coconut flour, coconut nectar, coconut milk and melted coconut oil. Stir until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the tin. Allow the base to come up about 2cm around the sides.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
- Place the chocolate in a small bowl.
- Bring the coconut milk to the boil. Remove a few seconds after the bubbles have appeared.
- Pour the coconut milk over the chocolate. Allow to sit for 3-5 minutes.
- The chocolate will have melted and will mix in easily!
- Pour into the pastry base and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until set!
- Slice and enjoy. Yum!