Do I have a winter warmer for you! There is nothing quite like a silky pumpkin soup- this one is certainly no exception! An absolute winter must.
- 1 1/2 kg of Kent pumpkin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup heaped cashews, lightly roasted
- 3/4 cup -1 1/2 cups hot vegetable stock (add gradually until desired thickness is reached)
- 2 heaped tsp dijon mustard
- 1-2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Himalayan salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius, fan forced.
2. Chop the pumpkin into pieces, place on a baking tray, sprinkle with salt and brush with olive oil.
3. Roast for about 40-55 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
4. In a Vitamix or high power blender, place the cashews and water. Blend until well combined. Make sure the cashews are completely blended to form a ‘milk.’ Gradually add all remaining ingredients until silky smooth.
Note: (Normally I find using boiling stock in combination with blending in the Vitamix heats it up enough but feel free to put over large saucepan on medium to high heat. Add more stock if the soup reduces and becomes too thick).
9. Serve with coriander and toasted pumpkin seeds or chilli flakes and coconut yoghurt.