Chocolate meets coconut… Lamington meets pancake… you are all going to go in sane over these!
¼ cup buckwheat flour
2 tbsp coconut flour
2 tbsp almond meal
1 tbsp mesquite
1 tsp baking powder
¼ cup coconut yoghurt (coyo) or greek yoghurt, if not dairy-free
1.5 tbsp coconut nectar or pure maple syrup
1 tbsp macadamia butter (can substitute almond butter or cashew butter)
1/3 cup coconut milk
2 free range eggs, separated
1 tsp vanilla
1 heaped tbsp. cacao
½ tbsp coconut nectar or pure maple syrup
Dash hot water
1 heaped tbsp smooth almond butter or tahini
½ tsp coconut oil
Desiccated coconut and coyo, to serve
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Make a well then add in all other ingredients, except the eggwhites. Mix well.
- In a separate small bowl, beat eggwhites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the eggwhites through the pancake mixture.
- Heat a pan greased with coconut oil to medium heat.
- Place spoonfuls of desired size into the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes each side (or until bubbles form) then flip.
- Meanwhile, combine the cacao, coconut nectar and hot water and stir until smooth. Add in the tahini or nut butter and mix well, add more hot water if required.
- Serve the pancakes with the sauce, coconut and coyo.