I’m aware this is a big call but I believe this is the best @healthsynergy and @coconutandbliss collab yet. This dish tastes indulgent yet is completely clean. It is filling but not sickly sweet. Let us present to you…
DECADENT CARAMEL CHOCOLATE SWIRL PANCAKES!
The name is pretty self explanatory. You MUST make these. Unquestionable.
Tag @coconutandbliss and @healthsynergy if you make these! We would LOVE to see!
1/4 cup buckwheat flour
1/4 cup hazelnut meal
2 eggs (separated)
1/2 cup cashew milk
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp mesquite powder
1 tsp soaked chia seeds
1 ripe banana
1 tbsp hulled tahini
1 tsp coconut oil
Chocolate tahini sauce for the ‘swirl’:
2 tbsp cacao
1 tbsp coconut nectar
1 tbsp tahini
Dash hot water
1. Combine buckwheat flour, hazelnut meal, baking powder and mesquite powder in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
2. Place banana, dates, cashew milk, tahini , egg yolks and chia seeds in a high powder blender and blend until smooth.
3. Mix into the ‘dry’ mixture
4. Beat egg whites until firm peaks form and then gently fold into the pancake mixture
5.Place 1/2 tsp coconut oil in a non-stick pan and allow to melt over medium heat.
6. Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients for the swirl until smooth. Set aside.
7. Once the pan is heated, add in a small amount of the pancake mix. Top with approximately 1 tsp of the chocolate tahini sauce and create a ‘swirl effect.’ Leave to cook for about 1 minute or until bubbles start to form.
8. Flip and allow the other side to cook for a further minute or so
9.Repeat this process for the rest of mixture.