Two of the world’s best foods thrown into the one to create something BEYOND EXTRAORDINARY.
The perfect breakfast, lunch or dinner. Created with the amazing @healthsynergy.
Cookie Dough Pancakes:
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- 2 tbsp sesame flour
- 1 tbsp mesquite powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch vanilla bean powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 organic free range eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tbsp macadamia butter
- 1 tsp hulled tahini 2 medjool dates*
- 2 tbsp ‘sweet’ cacao nibs, optional
- Chocolate coyo, to serve
Chocolate tahini sauce:
- 2 heaped tsp cacao
- 1/2 tsp coconut nectar
- 1 tsp tahini
- Dash hot water
*Soak in warm water for a few minutes
1. Place the milk, dates, tahini, macadamia butter, banana and egg yolks in a high speed blender. Blend until well combined.
2. In a mixing bowl place all dry ingredients.
3. Whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form in a separate bowl.
4. Create a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the blended milk mixture and combine. Fold through the egg whites and the cacao nibs.
5. Heat a frypan greased with coconut oil on medium heat. Pour in mixture. Cook until small bubbles form on one side (or until golden), then flip. Continue until all mixture has been used.
6. Combine all ingredients for the chocolate tahini sauce. Stir until smooth. Be careful not to add too much water otherwise the sauce will be extremely runny.
7. Serve the pancakes with the sauce, chocolate coyo, cacao nibs and strawberries. Absolutely to-die-for! A must-make.