- ¼ cup buckwheat flour
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 tbsp mesquite powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ginger
- sprinkle of cardamon
- 1 cup macadamia milk or other milk
- 4 medjool dates
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 large banana
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs, (optional)
- 1-2 tsp raw cacao (depending on how chocolatey you would like it!)
- Dash hot water
- 1 tsp nut butter or tahini (I usually use hazelnut butter)
- 1 tsp sweetener of choice
- Combine all dry pancake ingredients in a large mixing bowl then combine egg yolks, milk and dates in a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to dry mixture and stir.
- Beat egg whites until firm peaks form and gently fold into mixture
- Stir in cacao nibs.
- Melt a teaspoon of coconut oil in a frypan on medium heat, placing about ¼ cup of mixture on the pan each time and spreading it out to form a circular shape. Leave it for a minute or 2 or until small bubbles form, then flip!
- To make the sauce, simply combine the above ingredients until it has reached a consistency that is slightly thick, but still runny.
- Pour over the ‘ganache’! Top with fresh berries, cacao nibs or whatever you desire!