1 cup almond meal
2 tbsp mesquite powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla bean powder
1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
1/3 cup cashew butter
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
3 eggs, separated (or vegan egg replacement)
1/2 cup medjool dates, soaked in hot water
1/2 cup coconut milk
Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting:
1 cup raw cashews, soaked
1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
3 tbsp pure maple syrup
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
1/2 cup coconut cream
3 tbsp melted coconut oil
1/2 cup chopping Loving Earth dark chocolate
1/2 cup toasted peanuts, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix until combined.
- In a high-power blender, place the peanut butter, coconut oil, egg yolks, dates and water until a smooth paste forms.
- Pour into the large mixing bowl and stir with the try ingredients.
- Beat egg whites in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form and fold into the batter.
- Line a cupcake tin with 8 patty pans and divide the mixture amongst the holes.
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately 25 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, make the chocolate frosting by placing all ingredients in a high-power blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the cooled cakes with the frosting and top with chopped raw loving earth chocolate and crushed toasted peanuts.