Complete decadence. My favourite recipe to date!
¾ cup almond meal
2 tbsp buckwheat flour
1/3 cup cacao
1 tsp baking powder
2 free range eggs
1 tsp vanilla
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
3 ½ tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp mesquite (optional)
1 tbsp. almond (or macadamia) butter
¼ cup coconut milk (or milk of choice)
¼ cup hot water
¼ cup coconut sugar
1 tsp tapioca flour
¼ cup coconut milk or coconut cream
Generous sprinkle of salt
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius, fan-forced.
- Grease 4 individual ramekins with coconut oil.
- Place all ‘cake’ ingredients into one bowl. Stir thoroughly.
- Pour into the ramekins and bake for 22-25 minutes or until just firm on top.
- Meanwhile, place all the ‘sauce’ ingredients into a small saucepan. Turn the heat to high and bring to the boil or until a thick, pouring consistency is achieved.
- Serve the brownie with the hot caramel sauce.