Easter may have come and gone, but that doesn’t mean it’s too late for a chocolate fix! This one is the perfect warmer for the cooler weather. If you love creamy and thick, then this is for you!
2 cups coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 generous sprinkle of cinnamon
3 tsp coconut sugar
2 heaped tbsp cacao
1 heaped tsp tapioca flour (arrowroot)
½ tsp salt
1 tsp mesquite (optional)
4 squares of quality dark chocolate, (I use loving earth 2 ingredient dark chocolate)
- Bring the coconut milk, vanilla and cinnamon to a simmer in a small to medium sized saucepan, over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, place the coconut sugar, cacao, tapioca flour and mesquite (if using) and the salt.
- Pour a small amount of milk into the small bowl with the cacao mixture and stir until smooth.
- Transfer this smooth chocolate mixture into the saucepan with the rest of the milk. Stir well and add in the chocolate.
- Bring the mixture to the boil and allow to bubble for about 3-5 minutes or until it reduces to your desired thickness, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into 2 cups.
- I love mine with a dollop of coyo!